Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Updates

Okay, Okay - We have heard from numerous people that we are severely slacking on updating our blog. Here are a few baby updates to bring you up to speed.

On Tuesday, June 17th, I was admitted to the hospital because of too many risk signs of pre-term labor. I was 25 weeks and received steroids to help the babies lungs develop faster. The worst part was the twice a day shots to prevent blood clots.

On June 24th, the babies were measured for growth - they were right on track. You can also see a leg & foot of Baby A and face of Baby B with a shadow not a hole in his head!
Baby A - 2.4 lbs
Baby B - 2.8 lbs

Luckily, I was stable at my 28 weeks check and was sprung on Thursday, July 3rd with continued full bed rest at home.

As if we had not had enough complications, we found out on Monday July 14th that I have gestational diabetes. For now it is controlled through diet & blood monitoring, which I thoroughly enjoy. It will go away, once I deliver but it is just one more thing to add to my list.

We go on Tuesday, July 22nd for our next baby measurement.

No comments: